Monday, January 4, 2010

Mis-Quote of the Day!?

Here I am at work, avoiding doing actual work, when I stumble on this Time magazine article about people being paid money to lose weight. You can win $100.00! Sweet, I thought to myself.

I got about a third of the way through the article and their was an interview with a lady who is apparently obese. This was her quote:

"Sure, I'd like to look and feel better, but it is so subjective. Money is a better motivator because it is tangible. You can hold it in your hand."

By this point my ADD kicked in and I stopped reading, but if you need money to motivate you to lose weight, then you will ultimately fail. Weight loss is subjective? Really?

Weight loss is tangible. It can be measured. It is visible. You can feel the difference. How much money is 10 more years of life worth? I'd say more than $100.00.

1 comment:

  1. That's crazy. I agree with you. Total BS. Surely it was a mis-quote---or completely out of context---something. I can't imagine any sane individual saying what she said.
    If she did---then she's in complete denial mode. "It's so subjective..." What?
    I've said it many times---one of the biggest elements of this journey is self-honesty---check that---it is the biggest.

    My best always,
    Sean

    ReplyDelete