Friday, October 16, 2009

Motivation Part 1

I'm back and unfortunately I've gained 50 pounds...I kid, I kid, bad joke? Actually I'm finally approaching my drivers license weight. The one that I had listed 10 years ago when i was 19. That post is coming.. stay tuned.

In the mean time I took on a part time job as a Wait Assistant * at Buca di Beppo two weeks ago. I don’t mind the job, not one bit. It is fast paced and I am constantly moving and quite frankly I feel like I get a decent workout when I work a shift. For those that don't know Buca di Beppo is a wonderful Italian restaurant that serves the biggest family style portions I have ever seen. And it is good. I mean really good.

*Wait Assistant is a fancy term for busboy. Yep I’m a busboy. Talk about a slice of humble pie. But hey apparently I wasn’t qualified to be a server. You know, it’s too complicated for someone with no experience. They are right I’m not qualified to be a server, but I am qualified to be their manager… in due time…

Well as soon as I started, my mother-in-law, (who to be fair has done a lot for Rach and I over the years, but her and I do not necessarily have the greatest relationship) told my wife “oh Rach, you know he’s going to gain back all his weight, being around all that food.”

Now to me, that is motivation.

4 comments:

  1. Oooooh I love that kind of motivation. You show her Joe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "now, Joe you have to start at the bottom, this is a process"...I say bite into a stuffed chicken spendini and show them who's really the boss

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, you need to learn the menu as a WA! It is not a busboy position, you need to assist the servers. Learn about the Chicken with Lemon and the Apple Gorganzola salad!!!!

    ReplyDelete