Wednesday, August 5, 2009

I won Reel Big Fish Tickets Today!


My favorite band of all time Reel Big Fish will be in town on Sunday. I love RBF, and have been a huge fan since about 1996. You might remember their one hit that they had back in 1997's Summer of Ska. It was called Sell Out and it completely rocked. See I was a band nerd back in high school, shocking I know, and I played trombone. Since ska bands then had horn sections I really got into it. Well, 13 years later, 4 concerts, and about 5 CD's I am still as big a fan boy as ever.
The local alternative station in Kansas City 96.5 the Buzz was giving away some tickets and I thought to myself, I'm going to win those tickets. Well guess what. I did. I will be attendance for the most awesome rock show ever.*
*I understand for most folks RBF might not be the best rock show ever, but it's my blog.
What does this have to do with losing weight? Not much, I'm just really excited, because #1. The concert is going to be great, especially since my wife gets to go experience the greatness that is RBF and #2. I've never really won anything in my life.
Maybe I can shed a few calories dancing the night away.

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome concert! You deserve to be excited!! That's awesome my friend.

    Wish I could go too!

    Thank you for the very nice comment on my blog. I sincerely appreciate your support!

    My best always
    Sean

    ReplyDelete