Wednesday, July 1, 2009

It's time for a Family Vacation!


In a couple of days myself, Rachel, Bella, and Remi are heading down to the big town of Branson for a few days of rest and relaxation.* We are staying 5 days/ 4 nights in a two bedroom condo with a nice location on the strip. First off I know what you are thinking. Branson? Really?

I'll be the first to admit that the Branson Bible Beating style ain't quite my thing, but it is a place that #1 we can drive to and #2 has many attractions that will be fun with the little ones. Bella and Remi are at really fun ages; 3 1/2 and 1 and thrive in the go..go..go.. atmosphere. As anyone with small children can attest to, our itinerary is not set in stone. We know that we are going to go to Predator World to see snakes, crocodiles, tigers, bears, and sharks. I want to go to Ripleys Believe It or Not because well all that weird stuff fascinates me. And we are kicking around the idea of taking a day trip to Turpentine Creek in Arkansas to visit the animal rescue sanctuary.


*I hope for rest and relaxation but we could quite possibly experience the opposite. Bella has been sleeping in a big girl bed now for about two months and doing very well at it. Hopefully she will make a smooth transition to the big girl bed in another place altogether. we have called and Remi is going to be provided a play pen to sleep in so please wish us luck that we do indeed get some rest and relaxation.


Before I met Rach I NEVER went on a vacation. I wasn't sure what that even was. In the last 9 years we have been to Florida, California, Mexico, & Maine. I love taking vacations now. It is a time for release from everyday life. No money worries, no work stress, no dieting (and by no dieting I mean butter, gravy, sugar, deep fried lard, bacon, ice cream, gravy, wait I already said gravy... on everything...) no traffic, no school, no worries whatsoever.* This will be our first vacation since August if 2006 when we went to well, Branson. I know it seems like a theme but I'm thinking California next year. The point is vacation is a time to unwind and spend time with the ones you love. I can't wait to load up the car on Friday morning and get on the highway. It may be just Branson, but it's going to be a blast!


*Now the day after I get back it's back to hard core triathlon training.


1 comment:

  1. Never had a chance to tell you, great job losing 100 pounds. Few people do it!

    ReplyDelete